This year 2012, ASCs will be requiring to report four (4) outcome quality data elements and one (1) process data element. This will be in addition to the requirements of 2011 that all ASCs implement and maintain a Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Program.
ASCs will receive instructions from CMS later this year on submitting their Quality Data via their billing systems using Quality Data Codes. CMS will analyze and post the data at a future date. ASCs need to monitor their data and identify opportunities before CMS reports ASC comparative performance to the public.
SURGICAL OUTCOMES Information Exchange (SOIX®) is an established program for ASCs to continually monitor and evaluate their outcomes and already has the CMS required data elements in place. Joining SOIX can help you evaluate and compare your outcomes to a nationally established benchmark before being evaluated by CMS and on an ongoing basis.
Required CMS Quality Data Collected and Reported in SOIX® :
- Hospital Admissions/Direct Transfers
- Do you know how your rates compare to national averages?
- Patient Burns
- Are you comparing (benchmarking) your rate to a nationally established benchmark?
- Wrong Site/Wrong Side/Wrong Patient/Wrong Procedure/Wrong Implant
- Are you using a Surgery Safety Checklist?
- Patient Falls
- Are you having more falls than other ASCs?
- Timing of IV Prophylactic Antibiotics
- Do you know if your facility is in compliance with recognized standards?
Our data show that many ASCs fail to comply!
Joining SOIX® can help you measure and compare your clinical outcomes with national averages (i.e. benchmarking).
Contact us today for information on membership and pricing at 877-602-0156, or by emailing
Please take a tour of our product overview to receive additional information.